Monday, December 12, 2005

Thank You Card For Doctor

An old movie and a new interpretation

I could not resist, now I bought the DVD that came with expressively and me are reviewed immediately. A rather controversial film, Nicolas Cage won an Oscar and the criticism often despise the film saying it is close to pornographic, and 'too slow or criticizing the use of grainy shots. If you read the story on the DVD at the end says: "In the frame of a Las Vegas opulent and decadent lives of two outcasts come together to share the only thing they have in common: the solitude," but as far I fully share this sentence, reviewing the film I noticed different shades, true shades that I had never understood until now (and it 'also the thirtieth time I see him). Note apart from the jazz song "My One and Only Love", which I believe was originally sung by Luis Armstrong and played by John Coltrane, but here 'sung by Sting and is well worth listening to.
However, enclosed in brackets, and return to the movie, ok, Both are outcasts of society ', he decided to commit suicide, an alcoholic and she was a prostitute, but we are sure that they actually accept for what they are? I think not. She accepts him, help him in his suicide, I would say that almost does support what he is doing, take the alcoholic 'as is', without question and without intervention. And he? He accepts it really? I think not, indeed, on many occasions, the wounds on his work and as revenge for his absence one night betrays her, certainly not asking to change, but even this in a selfish sense, the only thing on your mind and ' his death and to have an "Angel", as he puts it, close. It could be argued that she uses, like so 'long for the next person who is satisfied, but in any case, although in a latent or unconscious attempt to save him, not be found wanting, at the risk of being subjected to further humiliation. Yes, I believe that this understanding is a bit 'part, but if you look good on film no one will' never say that the relationship between the two and 'fully equal, that there is no' selfish part in the pair are together by loneliness and exclusion, but divided by selfishness. Obviously, she (as a woman and that 'more and more' strong) survives everything, the film says nothing in the end, does not say that the road will follow 'the woman, but he will understand that' different, otherwise tutta la storia dell’analisi di lei come voce di fondo durante il film non avrebbe senso.

Ben Sanderson : I don't know if my wife left me because of my drinking or I started drinking 'cause my wife left me

Sera : Don't you like me, Ben?
Ben Sanderson : Sera... what you don't understand is - no, see, no. You can never, never ask me to stop drinking. Do you understand?
Sera : I do. I really do.

Ben Sanderson : We both know that I'm a drunk. And I know you are a hooker. I hope you understand that I am a person who is totally at ease with that. Which is not to say that I'm indifferent or I don't care, I do. It simple means that I trust and accept your judgment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment